GGGI has a unique in-country presence and prominent role as a neutral, trusted advisor and strategic development partner embedded in Member and partner governments. These advisors are directly engaged with national governments in setting the strategic direction for national program development guided by a Country Planning Framework with the Government. GGGI’s operating model maximizes the potential to translate green growth strategies and policies (especially economic policies) into green investment plans, mobilizing green finance commitments needed to bolster support for low-carbon and climate-resilient economic development and strong institutional capacity development. As of 2020, GGGI has 38 Members and delivers programs for more than 30 Members and partners – in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific – with technical support, capacity building, policy planning and implementation, and by helping to build a pipeline of bankable green investment projects.
We are looking for a talented administration intern to work with us in the GGGI Cambodia Office to support the implementation of the GGGI Cambodia’s Program. Within the framework of GGGI’s policies, strategies, and guideline, S/he will assist GGGI Cambodia’s programs/team/government counterparts and outreach work. This is an excellent opportunities to learn about the operational working, financial management, logistics and administration of an international organization.
Job Category: Admin or Supervisory
Location: Phnom Penh
Working hours: Full-time
Contract type: Internship
Schedule: 5 days per week
Expect Employment Start Date: 2021-05-01
The assignment will include the followings but not limited to:
- Support team members in the implementation of GGGI Cambodia’s programs.
- Assist on events / protocol preparation and travel arrangement for all GGGI Cambodia projects
- Facilitate meeting arrangement with stakeholders
- Assist the management of office supplies and assets and other administrative management
- Liaise with local suppliers/contractors for payment via petty cash
- Process visa or visa extension for International staffs
- Update contact data base
- Provide other related logistic/administration supports to the team members
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s Degree or related academia, prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Educational background in the field of business administration/finance/accounting or related field
- Full computer literacy including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat)
- Excellent Khmer and English required
- The internship program is for six months. Once selected, interns must begin your internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- GGGI interns receive a monthly stipend of USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location
- Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI upon returning the signed internship contract.
- Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- interns are expected to work during normal working hours. Leave should be preapproved by the Intern Manager, and the latter should inform the Office of HR accordingly
- before completion of the internship, Intern Managers are expected to review the learning outcomes with the intern.
- provided upon successful completion of the internship, upon request
Applications should include CV, covering letter, referee, and other supporting document and send to https://careers.gggi.org/vacancy/internship-for-cambodia-program-436763.html
application deadline: 19 March 2021