Introduction to GREENCAP Project
GREENCAP is a project enhancing Green Capacity in higher education institutions (HEI) to foster sustainable development in Cambodia, co-funded by the Erasmus + CBHE (Capacity-Building projects in the field of Higher Education) program of the European Union. This project gathers three European partners, respectively the University of Nantes (France) – international coordinator of the project, the University of Southern Denmark (Denmark) and the University of Vigo (Spain), and four Cambodian partners, namely the Royal University of Law and Economics – local coordinator of the project, the Institute of Technology of Cambodia, the National University of Management and the University of Battambang.
The implementation of GREENCAP has officially started in January 2020. Its main objective are two-fold:
- to increase awareness of green business among students, and
- to improve student’s employability for existing and future green jobs by the mean of close cooperation between HEI and socio-economic sector.
Particularly, to achieve the main target, the following support objectives are required:
- to help to better establish strong links between universities and private sector to give practical insights on course curriculum and research, so that universities can produce skilled manpower as per demand of the private companies;
- to help to adopt or create specific courses and diploma (BSc and / MSc) related to green growth given that modernization & internationalization of the courses are urgent need to achieve the Cambodian government NESAP 2016-2023;
- to help to promote innovative teaching on green development to increase attractiveness of courses;
- to help to increase awareness for green higher education among university and school students;
- to help to create a green platform to match students skills and stakeholders needs for green growth and green society.
Project Title: Enhancing green capability in universities to foster sustainable development in Cambodia
- Project Acronym: GREENCAP
- Organizational Set-up and Responsibilities
- Project Management Board (PMB)
The PMB approves the overall work program for the implementation of the project. They are to ensure the smooth collaboration between the partners of the project and to avoid any conflicts between the partners of GREENCAP.
The PMB convenes two times a year at major events in programme planning which require management decision. After the COVID-19 pandemic emerges, PMB decides to hold monthly Working Group meeting to reinforce a quality decision-making process.