Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International has been working in Cambodia since 2002. Between 2021 and 2026, we aim to reach 2.46 million girls and young women in Cambodia – 980,000 directly and ~1.5 million indirectly. Plan International Cambodia (PIC) will work towards this goal by implementing four integrated programmes that take a lifecycle approach: Healthy Start, Protection Plus, Lifelong Learning, and Girls Leadership.
Plan International has been working in Laos since 2007. Between 2021 and 2026, we aim to reach 1.028 million people including 700,000 adolescent girls. This is 15% of the Lao population and 100% of all adolescent girls in Laos. We will work towards this goal by perusing gender transformative health and nutrition, education, youth economic development and adolescent sexual and reproductive rights programs. Our overarching influencing goal is to combat child marriage and adolescent pregnancy in Laos.
The financial resourcing objective in both Cambodia and Laos is to grow and diversify sources of income over the next five years for successful implementation of the next Country Strategies. The Business Development Manager is needed to support this while assisting the Country Offices to develop a strong professional image among Plan donors so that additional grant funding is acquired to grow and support Plan’s programmes in the countries.
In both countries, this will be achieved through:
- Actively seeking and maximizing opportunities for additional funding from a variety of sources, including private, corporate sectors, and government.
- Strengthening the capacity of the in-country Business Development Teams to acquire and implement increased sustainable grant funding.
- Enhance both country profiles through strong and active networking, internally with National Offices and as needed externally with donors/stakeholders.
- Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Location: Either Cambodia (Phnom Penh) or Laos Country Office (Vientiane)
- Salary: N/A
- Type of Role: 3 year FTC
- Schedule: Full-Time
- Report to: Country Director (Cambodia/Laos)-Matrix managed with direct line to the CD of the office where the incumbent will be based
- Closing Date: 25-July-2021
- Anticipated 1st round interview: 29th and 30th July, 2021
- S/he is responsible for financial resourcing objective in both Cambodia and Laos is to grow and diversify sources of income over the next five years for successful implementation of the next Country Strategies. The Business Development Manager is needed to support this while assisting the Country Offices to develop a strong professional image among Plan donors so that additional grant funding is acquired to grow and support Plan’s programmes in the countries.
Interested candidates are invited to submit current curriculum vitae via https://career5.successfactors.eu/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
For more information please visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Phnom-Penh-or-Vientiane-Business-Development-Manager/690961801/?locale=en_GB