The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS’s goal is to conserve the world’s largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world’s biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
Counter Wildlife Trafficking Project Manager
Position : Counter Wildlife Trafficking Project Manager
Project : Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT)
Duty station : Phnom Penh
Report to : Country Director
- At least three years of project management experience, preferably within Asia
- At least five years’ experience working for NGOs or development agencies desired, particularly in the conservation sector or similar sector of relevance (e.g. anti-trafficking in persons)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. conservation and natural sciences, law), Master’s degree preferred
- Good communication, organization and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience of working with government partners
- Excellent English skills, including spoken, written, reading and listening
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as required by the work
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Fundraising experience preferred
How to apply:
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email provided in the contact details. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Address – No. 21 Street 21, Tonle Basak Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia
- Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
Deadline: 31 January 2021