About the position
• Position: Deputy Executive Director (Research)
• Location: Phnom Penh
• Schedule: Ful-time
• Deadline: 20 February 2022
CDRI, Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute, working to produce high quality, influential and impactful development knowledge through policy research and capacity development, is seeking to appoint an applicant for the position of Deputy Executive Director (Research).
The Deputy Executive Director (Research) leads and manages CDRI’s research programme, ensures the production of high research quality, ethics, and relevant protection and safeguards are complied with during the whole research cycle. S/he will be responsible for the quality of research outputs, publications and dissemination, the supervision and capacity development of researchers, the foster of key research partnership, and the initiation and development of new areas of policy relevant research within CDRI Strategic Plan 2021-25.
Roles and Responsibilities
On Vision, Mission and Strategy:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Directors of Research Centers, and Operations to achieve CDRI’s vision, mission and strategic objectives, and in line with its values and principles;
- Ensure CDRI’s research and researchers capacity development objectives are achieved, consistent with CDRI’s vision, mission, values, principles, as well as CDRI’s Strategic Plan’s objectives.
On Research Leadership and Management:
- Manage, lead and coordinate CDRI’s research programme, work closely with Senior Management Team and Research Management Committee;
- Monitor and evaluate research programme, track their progress against program/project’s key performance indicators;
- Lead in identification of new opportunities and in the development of research proposals for submission to granting agencies in responding to CDRI Research and Resource Mobilisation Strategy;
- Mentor and support design and implementation of new research projects/programmes (methodology and conceptualisation, fieldwork management, data analysis, write reports, publications, and dissemination activities);
- Ensure the integrity, consistency, quality and coherence of research projects, oversee and approve research outputs for publication and dissemination;
On Relationship Management:
- Maintain a close relationship with related functional centers and units within CDRI, especially with the Mangers of Operations on financial, human resource, administrative and institutional governance issues;
- Liaise with development partners and research communities to pursue CDRI’s interests, and represent CDRI at high level national, regional and international development research networks and forums;
- Consult Cambodian stakeholders and and partner institutions to identify medium and long term priority areas for research and policy influencing
- Establish and deepen long-term collaborative relationships with local, regional and international research institutions
- Represent and contribute to key national and international networking and technical working groups relevant to CDRI research focus
On Research Team Management
- Chair the Research Management Committee to ensure effective operation of the research programme and projects;
- Promote open and transparent communication within and across research teams and centers;
- Mentor and support researchers and directors of research centers in carrying out their responsibilities;
- Manage and review performance of researchers and director of research center.
Qualifications and requirements
- A PhD in a field relevant to CDRI’s research priorities, with a strong track record of applied and policy-oriented development research;
- A recent record of achievement in research leadership and management with a research/academic institution;
- Proven record of successful research grant applications;
- A significant body of development research publications;
- Excellent communication skills including English writing and oral skills; proven research capacity building, mentoring and coaching researchers, quality assurance, and research management skills;
- Expertise in quantitative methodologies, data management and analytical packages.
- The appointment is for a three-year period with the possibility of extension. Applications with a detailed CV, cover letter, publication references, and names and contact details of three professional referees should be addressed to the Executive Director of CDRI by e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to PO Box 622, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
For more detail Click here