Equitable Cambodia (EC) is a Cambodian organization working to promote development which respects and protects human rights, sustainable natural resources, transparency and social justice in a democratic way. Equitable Cambodia was registered by the Ministry of Interior as a Cambodian national non-governmental organization in 2012.
EC is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the positions of Legal Trainer for Community Empowerment and Legal Awareness (CELA Program).
- Location : Phnom Penh
- Salary : 400 – 600 USD depend on qualifications and work experience
- Cambodian Nationality Only
- Facilitates and trains community members and youth partners through CELA curriculum, domestic and international laws.
- Reviews, develops and assists in the completion of all existing and the future of CELA curriculum.
- Assist in the translation and testing of CELA curriculum.
- Works with CELA team to develop training skills, with the aim of taking the lead in the preparation and delivery of future trainings.
- Take lead in coordinating meetings, curriculum development, preparation and conducting training with involved partners and donor agencies.
- Works with partner legal organizations as necessary to accomplish project goals.
- Networks with other organizations in order to exchange effective advocacy and training practices.
- Works with the CELA team to check and finalize layout, illustrations, and all other phases of publication of CELA curriculum.
- Joins monitoring and evaluation trips to the provinces to observe and assess the effectiveness of CELA training curriculum.
- Compiles monitoring and evaluation information and applies to the revision of curriculum and future trainings when delivered by partners.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of local legal interns, including legal research, curriculum development, translation and training, coaching and sharing experiences.
- Produces periodic reports, including training reports, activity reports, and monthly reports.
- Bring new initiatives and creative ideas to the planning process in order to enhance the program and achieve EC’s mission and goals.
- Holds Bachelor degree in Law.
- At least two years of work experience in facilitation skills with human rights, land issues, and/or other related fields.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Khmer (mother tongue) and English (at least proficient), both oral and in writing.
- Working knowledge of human rights issues and legal education in Cambodia.
- A proven commitment to work on weekend and public holiday.
- Strong desirable to promote community empowerment, youth participation and environmental protection.
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, and internet usage.
- Ability to travel with the CELA team to the provinces, as needed.
- Proactive personality, well-organized, collegial, and able to work independently and also as a member of a multi-national team.
- Committed to EC’s mission and core values.
Submit CV and cover letter by 20 December 2020 to Operation Department, by email: email@example.com.
Please do not send certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Women are strongly encouraged to apply and all applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
Contact 023 210 805 or visit https://equitablecambodia.org/website/open-positions