About the position
• Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Deadline: 23 May 2023 SE Asia Standard Time
• Language Requirement: English and Khmer
• Type of Contract: Full-time
• Contract type: Consultant
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a childhood.
Duties and Responsibilities
This consultancy is to provide technical support for the Ministry of Interior (MOI) in rolling out tools and guidelines for promotion of youth and adolescent engagement and participation in commune-Sangkat planning and budgeting process.
Scope of Work:
The consultant is expected to carry out the following components of work:
1) Inception report and work plan formulation (20 days)
Meeting with UNICEF and MOI responsible persons on the plan to roll out already developed guidelines and tools for youth engagement and participation at the sub-national level and prepare detailed work plan for period of July 2023 to June 2024. The plan should indicate activities to be implemented, estimate budget, responsible persons at MOI, Provincial Administrations (PA), and the role of the consultant.
2) Provide technical guidance and inputs on youth engagement methodologies following the needs of partners (MOI and PAs) implementing the promotion of the youth and adolescent engagement and participation in commune -Sangkat planning and budgeting process (100 days) including:
a) delivery of training, dissemination and further refinement of youth engagement guidelines, communication and learning materials for relevant stakeholders (PA and DMK officials, CS/CCWC, NGOs, adolescent/ youth representatives, AYRG and youth councils at schools…),
b) provide technical support to PA officials, commune councilors and youth in application of tools and guidelines in commune-Sangkat planning and budgeting process,
c) develop monitoring tools to monitor the application of various tools/ guidelines at SNA level, prepare quarterly update/ report to UNICEF and MOI, including engagement in meetings to discuss progress, challenges and ways forward and provide technical inputs to support further implementation and reporting on progress of agreed actions.
3) Document experience and lessons learnt on working with youth (40 days)
Conduct field assessment/ survey and document lessons and stories from both sides commune councilors and youth that tell experience, results, and areas for improvement on a quarterly basis. This task includes revision of tools and guidelines as necessary to reflect real needs and change of contents etc.
Qualifications and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience
- Academic qualification at the master’s level in the relevant fields such as social sciences, social policy, political science, economics, development studies etc.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in youth and adolescent/ citizen participation
- Proven experience in working with national and local government
- Previous work experience with international development organizations is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cambodian national policies, plans and budgets
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the Cambodian Decentralization and De-concentration reform
- Excellent management, interpersonal, planning and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships
- Fluent in the local language Khmer, oral and written
- Fluent verbal communication in English is required
How to apply
You need to apply online.
For more information: Click here