About the position
• Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Deadline: 31 July 2023
We are seeking a National Intern for project Administration to support the following projects for 6 months (full time).
Each of those projects has its respective government partner to provide technical assistance aiming to achieve the project objectives and goals with its designed timeframe. The government partners are the General Directorate of Agriculture (GDA) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF); the Consumer Protection, Competition and Fraud repression Directorate General (CCF) as well as the Asia-Pacific Department under the General Department of International Trade of the Ministry of Commerce (MoC), the Small and Medium Enterprises Department of the Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation (MISTI), the Ministry for Public Works and Transport (MPWT), the Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA), the Department of Green Economy under the National Council for Sustainable Development (NCSD) as well as the Department of Solid Waste Management (DSWM) of the Ministry of Environment (MoE).
The intern will support the implementation of all said projects by contributing to the fulfillment of mainly administrative tasks.
GIZ is a federally owned enterprise and is supporting the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The ASEAN-German cooperation portfolio of economic and environmental development projects supports regional stability, sustainable prosperity, and resilience and is directed in Cambodia towards enhancing the country’s competitiveness and economic diversification, through capacity building, conserving global goods as well as creating better framework conditions for business to use the opportunities for trade and investment arising out of the AEC. At a juncture where Cambodia is actively undertaking very comprehensive reform efforts, German Development Cooperation is committed to offering technical cooperation in an effective and efficient manner. GIZ is also able to establish linkages and facilitate cooperation between public and private actors in Cambodia and several other ASEAN countries.
- Maintaining and ensuring overall good flow of communication and information among the involved projects teams;
- Support of the procurement of project assets, the availability of office supplies, GIZ filing system including DMS;
- Taking of minutes, providing of information, materials and other support, including research on project related topics for events or activities and other secretarial works e.g. update contact address, answers, screens, forwarding and/or returning of phone calls and messages, etc.;
- Support the organization of the logistical management (tickets, flights, accommodation, meeting packages, transportation, visa, etc.);
- Participating in the training, workshop and supporting the team of logistic arrangement;
- Support the cash and bank management, e.g. the preparation of request of funds to GIZ Country Office based on monthly budget plan, support the classification of all vouchers/receipts according to completeness and to cost centers/ cost categories;
- Support to the preparation of local short-term consultant/consulting firm contracts as well as the procurement of goods, e.g. coordinating with advisors for compiling supporting documents for preparing contracts and settlement of the contracts, checking the rate of consultants/consulting company, monitoring the schedule of payment and ensuring that the payment (including travel cost, procurement, etc., if any) is according to contracts and GIZ regulations;
- Fulfilling other duties and tasks at the request of the Team Leader ASEAN KH.
- Undergraduate or fresh graduate in the field of Public or Business Administration, Economic or other relevant fields;
- Strong computer skills using MS Office applications, Internet, Email;
- Good communication skills;
- Good command of English writing and speaking;
- Willing to learn;
- Attention to details;
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the requirements should send the following documents to Ms. Channa SOK at email@example.com
- A cover letter, explaining your motivation and experience and mentioning the date of availability.
- An updated CV
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.