About the position
• Location: Cambodia
• Age: 27-80
• Deadline: 08 September 2022
• Language Requirement: Khmer and English
• Expected start date: 10/01/2022
• Duration: 12 months
• Number of assignments: 1
Mission and Objectives
As the United Nations lead agency on international development, UNDP works in 170 countries and territories to eradicate poverty and reduce inequality. It helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, and institutional capabilities, and to build resilience to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Its work is concentrated in three focus areas: sustainable development, democratic governance and peacebuilding, and climate and disaster resilience. UNDP’s mandate is to end poverty, build democratic governance, rule of law, and inclusive institutions. UNDP advocates for change, and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP Cambodia Country Office works in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia, non-government organizations, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, multilateral aid agencies, bilateral donors and the private sector to support the progress toward the Cambodia SDGs. The Country Office, based in Phnom Penh, has a four-unit structure – Operations Unit, Policy and Innovations Unit, Result- Based Management Unit, and Programme and Results Unit. The incumbent will be a member of the Programme and Results Unit and is expected to work as a project team member for the Civic Engagement Project and Strengthening Transparency and Accountability Project. The Programme and Results Unit is mainly responsible for the implementation and oversight (programmatic and financial oversight) of the Country Office’s projects and initiatives.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator-Disability Inclusion, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks: • Support the Project Coordinator in successful implementation of the disability-related projects in accordance with project objectives of the Project to Promote Disability Inclusion and Joint Programme on Accelerating Disability Rights in Cambodia; • Provide technical support and guidance to the projects and partners to ensure that the projects achieve their outcomes; • Provide monitoring support with the project team and partners to ensure that the disability projects respond to the outputs and outcomes; • Develop and strengthen partnership and coordination with implementing partners, rele-vant line ministries partners, UN agencies, development partners, and CSOs working on disabilities-related initiatives; • Facilitate knowledge building and capacity development including consolidation of knowledge, best practices, cases studies, and lessons learnt and facilitate the dissemination within and outside UNDP through internal learning sessions, seminars and workshops; • Perform day-to-day project management support and coordination including weekly meet-ings, meetings, workshops or training reports, quarterly reports, annual reports etc; • Other tasks related to the disability projects will be requested by the Project Coordinator.
Creativity, Integrity, Knowledge sharing, Planning and organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Social Work, Development, Public Policy, Management or other fields related to disability and rehabilitation.
- 3 years of experience in disability, rehabilitation, social protection, social work or other fields related to disability inclusion with local or international organizations; Experience in project management (design, implementation, coordination, knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation of development projects) and in establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments; Demonstrates good management, leadership, analytical, and communication skills; Experience in proposal development and resource mobilization; In-depth knowledge of disabilities-related issues, conventions, and other regulations in Cambodia; Ability to communicate effectively with government officials and funding development partners representatives; Ability to identify needs and interventions for capacity building of counterparts, clients, and potential partners; Displays initiative, sets challenging outputs for him/herself, and willingly accepts new work assignments; Takes responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and strives until successful outputs are achieved.
- Khmer, Level: Mother tongue, Required
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
How to apply
Note: Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
You need to apply online.
For more detail Click here