About the position
• Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Deadline: 25/Feb/2022, 11:59 PM
• Language Requirement: Khmer and English
• Job Schedule: Full time
• Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resident Representative, the Communications Analyst participates in the implementation of the corporate communications strategy, as well as in the design, management, and implementation of the Country Office communications and publication strategies which are geared to influence the development agenda; promote transparency, public and media outreach; and mobilize political and financial support for UNDP.
The Communications Analyst maintains a working relationship with the Regional Communications Advisor(s). S/He works in close collaboration with the Business Development, Programme, and Operations teams, the inter-agency communications group, and UNDP Communications Groups at the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific (RBAP) and Head Quarter (HQ) in New York to ensure successful UNDP communication strategy implementation.
The Communications Analyst is one of the key staff members in the UNDP Country Office (CO) who will play the following duties:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach;
- Implementation of the publication strategy and plan;
- Supervision of the design and maintenance of the UNDP website, intranet, and Country Office web-based knowledge management system;
- Support to business development;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.) Coordinates the planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach:
- Conducting communications needs assessments for the CO (projects, country programme and corporate change initiatives, etc.);
- Analyzing requirements and synthesizing proposals for elaboration/ update of the CO communications and outreach strategy based on corporate strategic priorities and the UNDP External Communications Action Plan;
- Developing and producing communication and advocacy instruments and materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and media materials in coordination with the supervisor;
- Synthesizing proposals for project formulations to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of UNDP’s development programme.
2.) Ensures the implementation of the CO publication strategy and plan:
- Preparing an annual CO publication plan aligned to the annual country office business plan and the Country Office Communication, Outreach and Advocacy Strategy;
- Effectively implementing the CO publications plan;
- Managing CO publication activities, such as drafting articles, content management, norms for
- publishing, design, maintenance of regular contact with media, journalists, printers and other suppliers to ensure production and publications dissemination.
3.) Provides support to the maintenance of the UNDP web site, intranet, social media, CO web-based knowledge management system:
- Managing the office websites and social media platforms based on corporate requirements in cooperation with the ICT personnel;
- Preparing the content for the websites and social media platforms to ensure consistency of the materials.
4.) Supports the business development:
- Launches and campaigns: Promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications such as the Human Development Report;
- Outreach: Promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on issues including UNDP activities, Sustainable Development Goals and UN Agenda and International days, through 1) organization of press conferences and press releases, briefing sessions, TV and radio interviews;2) preparation and dissemination of relevant public information materials to the public and donors, where appropriate, to support projects;
- Public information: Effective responses to inquiries for public information materials.
5.) Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Identifying and synthesizing communication best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country goals and activities;
- Contributing to knowledge networks and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories;
- Providing trainings for UNDP personnel on internal and external communications for development;
- Pursuing professional growth through active learning and self-development.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the creation of effective communications, outreach, advocacy and dissemination of information on UNDP as the United Nations’ lead agency on international development. In particular, the key results will support UNDP’s positioning to influence the development agenda; contribute to UNDP’s commitment to transparency, public and media outreach; and leverage political and financial support.
Achieve Results LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
Think Innovatively LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
Learn Continuously LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
Adapt with Agility LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
Act with Determination LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and Partner LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Communications – Brand and Quality Management Campaign Management Media Relations: Ability to position a UNDP brand and uphold it to a high level of quality.
Communications- Campaign Management: Ability to produce and implement communications and advocacy campaigns which lead to impactful change
Communications- Media Relations: Ability to develop media relations across all aspects of media work including relationships with media and preparing media materials such as messages
Communications- Multimedia writing/editing: Ability to create and/or edit written content for multimedia
Communications- Social Media Management: Ability to represent and promote the UNDP brand in virtual communities and networks
Business Direction and Strategy- System Thinking: Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least two years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Experience in design and implementation of internal and external plan for communications and outreach;
- Experience in drafting articles, content management, norms for publishing, design, and publication dissemination;
- Experience in managing and preparing content web sites and social media platforms;
- Experience working with media, press conference and press releases, briefing sessions, TV and radio interviews,
- Proven experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in
- handling web-based management systems.
- Language requirements: Fluency in spoken and written English and Khmer.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Bachelor’s degree in media relations, journalism, publishing. Master’s degree or PhD is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of spoken and written Khmer and English.
How to apply
You need to apply online.
For more detail Click here