Oxfam believes the world is rich. The main cause of poverty is injustice. We want to see a just world with no poverty. We work with all others to achieve this goal. Oxfam started to work in Cambodia since 1979 and we are continuing our activities in Cambodia by working with partners, government counterparts, education and research institutes, communities and other actors in order to improve the sustainable livelihood of Cambodia communities especially women in rural areas. Oxfam also provides support for the development and strengthening of civil society organizations in their organizational accountability, quality programming, and effectiveness.
Job Location: Phnom Penh Capital
Closing Date: 07-March-2021
Oxfam in Cambodia is a sole representative of Oxfam International currently operating in Cambodia. Oxfam Netherlands is the Executive Affiliate who is entrusted by the Oxfam International to manage all programs and program management units based in Cambodia. Oxfam in Cambodia has signed the Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to hire an experience person who has a good analytical skill to reconcile financial report with two different Oxfam accounting system (for two particular projects) and provide an independent opinion on the discrepency and recommendation for the adjustment.
The consultant/consulting team /audit team will work closely with Oxfam Finance department in Cambodia and under the leadership of the Country Management Team (CMT).
- Review & Reconcile two accounting system (PASTEL & MYOB) (where SAP forms the main accounting system for Pastel) Financil data (GL) from August 2017 to July 2018 for two particular projects (UND & IP project) & find the closing fund balance at the end of June/July 2018.
- Review all financial transactions (GL) from August 2017 to July/June 2018 (for two particular projects only) and reconcile with the supporting documents to make sure that both system has same transactions.
- Find if any discrepancy between PASTEL & MYOB GL and provide recommendation for the correct adjustment.
- Review opening & closing fund balance as per the financial report from two different system
- At the end of the assignment, consultant/auditor need to present all the findings to the team to understand it.
- Proposal submit to Oxfam in Cambodia by 7th March, 2021
- Proposal finalize by Oxfam in Cambodia by 8th March, 2021
- Signed agreement with a consultant by 10th March, 2021
- Consultancy work as per the ToR (including report) has to be completed by 22nd March 2021
How to apply:
The applicant is expected to submit:
- Detailed proposal and CV/company profile
Applying thru the recruitment website by the closing date at 5 pm Cambodia time.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.