About the position
• Position: Curriculum Development Consultant for the Mekong Region Land Governance (MRLG) project
• Location: Phnom Penh
• Deadline: 30 JULY 2021 | 5:00 PM
The Cambodia Partnership for Sustainable Agriculture (CPSA) is Grow Asia’s Country Partnership in Cambodia, which works closely with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) and Relevant Government Agencies as well as the private sector and farmers’ organizations. CPSA brings together companies, government agencies, civil society organizations, farmer groups, and financial institutions to link smallholder farmers to the market with the shared goal of increasing farmers’ profits and productivity while improving the environmental sustainability of their farms. CPSA is currently supporting four Working Groups (Cashew, Pepper, Fruit & Vegetables, and Agri-Food SMEs) and three cross-cutting issues (Contract Farming, Responsible Agricultural Investment, and AgriTech).
The Mekong Region Land Governance Project (MRLG) aims to improve the land tenure security of smallholder farmers in the Mekong Region and has been operating in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam since 2014. With the goal to support relevant MAFF Departments to promote improved compliance and accountability of agricultural investment and raise stakeholder awareness of best practices of Responsible Agriculture Investment (RAI); in 2020 the RAI Alliance was created and is composed of MRLG, the Centre for Policy Studies (CPS), Oxfam Cambodia, Farmer and Nature Net (FNN) and CPSA. The Alliance has agreed on a two-year Strategic Work Program to support the government in gathering evidence from the ground to provide inputs to the development of the contract farming law and explore other agri-business investment models; document farmers experiences and build awareness and capacity of key stakeholders on RAI principles and good practices with a specific focus on private sector.
The Alliance is launching the project “Generating evidence-based dialogues on agri-business models that ensure secure land rights, equitable benefit sharing and inclusiveness of smallholder farmers, in the framework of Contract Farming (CF) law and related policies”.
The consultant will work closely with CPSA team and the alliance to design a training curriculum and deliver training sessions on responsible agriculture investment (RAI) principles to key relevance stakeholders (government agencies, private sector and farmer association/organizations).
Scope of Work
The Consultant should:
• Assist CPSA team in situation analysis/ assessment
• Support CPSA team in selection of target learners/participants
• Design a training/learning program
• Develop a curriculum and materials
• Deliver training/learning sessions and prepare training reports
The Consultant will be identified based on the key qualifications:
• Expertise in agriculture and/or forestry value chains, business and market development or contract farming
• Experience engaging with government, agencies private sector and farmer organizations is a plus
• Strong experience in the field of curriculum design and delivering training is an added advantage
• Good written and communication skills
• High level of English proficiency
An interested individual should submit the following documents to email address provided.
• An expression of interest indicates financial request and other relevant information
• Consultant’s CV update
To: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
CPSA is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For more detail Click here