- Position title: Project Finance Officer for EU, WWF-Cambodia
- Directly reports to: Senior Project Finance Officer for EPL, WWF-Cambodia
- Supervises: N/A
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Date: 01-Jun-2022
- Deadline to Submit: 27-Jun-2022
WWF-Greater Mekong – on the ground in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam – is working to conserve the region’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife. WWF has a long history of engagement in the Greater Mekong. WWF’s mission in Cambodia is to ensure that there will be strong participation and support from
all people to conserve the country’s rich biological diversity. The WWF-Cambodia Conservation Programme that started more than 10 years ago is implemented in 2 landscapes – Eastern Plains Landscape (EPL) and Mekong Flooded Forest (MFF) Landscape and built over the following 4 pillars of interventions: (1) Securing Landscape Integrity sustaining conservation and livelihood development, (2) Freshwater and Sustainable Hydropower, (3) Protected Area Management and Conservation Research and (4) Sustainable Financing – Green Economy.
- Review monthly detail transaction listing related to EU Project and provide recommendation for any adjustment if needed to ensure the correctness of accounting records and budget availability
- Coordinates the budget preparation process with EU Project Manager and ensures the compilation of appropriate budget information. Review and consolidate the voucher lists from all partners (MVi, Oxfam, DPA), EPL field office, checking arithmetic of unit rate, unit number calculation and costs eligible before encoding the expenditures on monthly into WWF accounting system
- Prepare WWF Phnom Penh voucher list for EU project and other matching funds if available on monthly basis with proper unit number and unit rate calculation
- Review and follow up all outstanding advances for EU project on a monthly basis to ensure timely settlement of amounts due and alignment with project implementation timeframe
- Review and provide feedback on EU consultant contract to Project Manager if any
- Check and review details transaction listing for EU project
- Prepare and provide justification for monthly EU project financial reports along with detail transaction listing to provide a clear view and status of the project budget spending and highlight concerns if any for timely action
- Prepare the voucher list for WWF and partners to EU donor for review and approval following EU donor template requirement
- Coordinate the consolidation of partners/grantees financial reports, manage and monitor expenses vs. project budget, highlighting variance and resource allocation to EU Project Manager and Senior Project Finance Officer for timely action
- Generate EU donor’s financial report on quarterly basis and update Senior Program Finance Officer and Project Manager for review before sending to the donor.
- Monitor project cash flow and send fund request to EU donor accordingly to the contract payment term.
- Conduct field visit inclusive EU Project partners on semi-annual/annual basis to review and provide advisory support on project budget management, burn rate to meet the management and donor requirement as well as mitigate the risk.
- Act as main focal person for EU project audit such as assist in coordination from EPL field office in providing the vouchers and other supporting document, provide project expenses explanation upon enquiries to auditor.
- Provide the project financial management induction and refresher training to EU nonfinance staff to help them understand the finance systems, policies and procedures of the organisation if required and ensure the EU donor rule and regulation is being followed, especially on matching fund requirements.
- Performs other appropriate duties upon request of Senior Program Finance Officer
Education and Experiences
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and finance in the field of international NGO´s or private sector
- A university degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Full professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA is preferred but not mandatory. Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO.
- Good knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements of major Bilateral Aid Agencies, (EU, USAID, Sida, SDC, AFD is a plus)
- Hands-on knowledge of the major Oracle, ERP software and excel would be a distinct advantage,
- Excellent English and knowledge of local languages an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Developed financial management/accounting skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with multiple demands.
- Strong team-player with ability to work in virtual teams
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and adaptive planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals within a broad range of cultural environments
- Advanced IT skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Oracle ERP experience would also be a strong asset.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and
- Engaging Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply
Email WWF-Job Application Form, your CV and Cover Letter (max. one page for Cover letter) at email@example.com
Application need to name the position title when submitting application under the subject in email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
For more information: please click here.