About the position
• Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Deadline: 04/12/2023, 11:59 PM
• Language Requirement: Khmer and English
• Job Schedule: Full time
• Contract Duration: 1 Year
In close alignment with the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), UNDP Cambodia’s country programme provides strategic direction for its People, Planet, and Prosperity pillars focusing on multi-dimensional poverty and inequalities; environmental sustainability, biodiversity conservation, and climate change adaptation; transition to a green, inclusive and resilient economy; and improved governance. To support Cambodia build forward better and be more resilient to shocks, UNDP has embarked on a number of initiatives focusing on technical advisory and other support on closing the energy gap, responding and preparing for natural disasters, social protection, socio-economic and greening policies, improving digital access, etc. For details about our work, kindly go to the following link: https://www.undp.org/cambodia.
UNDP is looking to fill the 2 positions of Project Officer to support the implementation of UNDP’s initiatives on access to energy, agriculture value chain, and disaster risk reduction through Promoting the use of Solar Technologies for Agriculture and Rural Development in Cambodia and Myanmar (Solar Project) and Enhancing Integrated Water Management and Climate Resilience in Vulnerable Urban Areas of the Mekong River Basic (Mekong River Project).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer(s) will work under the overall supervision of the Climate and Disaster Risk Management Specialist/Project Manager. S/he will be based in project but will work closely with the programme team, and liaise with colleagues in the country office, consultants and partners. Under the direct supervision of the Climate and Disaster Risk Management Specialist/Project Manager, the Project Officer(s) will perform the following key functions:
- Support day-to-day project management and operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support partnerships building and maintain effective relations with all partners.
- Support monitoring, evaluation, and reporting requirements; annd
- Support communication and knowledge management and sharing.
Support day-to-day project management and operations in a timely and efficient manner:
- Work with Project Manager to develop the work plan and budget and provide inputs to partners and grantees in the planning process to ensure that the proposed activities are aligned with overall project objectives, country programme, and strategic plan;
- Support the Manager to develop terms of reference for required consultancies and personnel, and participate in the recruitment processes;
- Support the preparation of project board meetings and other meetings, prepare the minutes of the meetings, and ensure that the decision and recommendations are implemented and reported;
Support partnerships building and maintain effective relations with all partners:
- Maintain close coordination with relevant line ministries, CSOs, donors, UN agencies, UNDP regional office and headquarters, and others on all aspects of the project implementation;
- Contribute to seeking and identifying aditional partnership and financing opportunities and support the resource mobilization;
- Coordinate with different teams to prepare Letters of Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, Low-Value Grants, etc.;
Support monitoring, evaluation, and reporting requirements:
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation of progress reports, donor updates, briefing notes, and other documents;
- Support the Project Manager to monitor progress against the work plan;
- Organize and facilitate field monitoring;
- Collect data and ensure that sex, age, disabilities, and diversity perspective are systematically applied, integrated, and documented in all activities;
- Monitor the implementation of the activities by partners, provide guidance and inputs to them as required, and ensure that their activities are in line with the agreed plan and reports are submitted in good quality and on time;
- Contribute to the identification and monitoring of related risks/issues; and
- Support independent evaluations and coordinate with partners to ensure smooth evaluation, audits, and spot-check exercises, as needed.
Support communication and knowledge management and sharing:
- Support communication and networking with partners, donors, and others to generate their interest and build synergy;
- Collect, document, and share data related to the projects’ results and impact;
- Support the development of knowledge products in collaboration with UNDP Communication Unit;
- Work with Communication Unit and relevant partners to prepare project events and other major activities to raise the profile of the projects.
Other tasks required by the office
The incumbent(s) may also be required to take on other initiatives/projects within the scope of TOR depending on the workload at the time.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Business Direction & Strategy
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and priority led plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions. Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP
- Effective decision making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and effective manner
- Results- based Management: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and control resources, procedures, and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Partnership management: Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in arts, social science, development studies, public policy or related fields. PhD is an advantage.
- At least two years of relevant experience in providing support related to project coordination, monitoring and reporting with bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in providing substantive support on project management (design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and/or reporting of development projects).
- Experience in project planning and budgeting processes;
- Experience coordinating multi-stakeholder development initiatives and working with government counterparts, UN and/or donor agencies.
- Good understanding of development challenges in Cambodia; and
- Familiarity with the procedures of the UN agencies and/or donor agencies would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Khmer and English (both spoken and written).
How to apply
Note: This position is open for national of Cambodia only.
You need to apply online.
For more detail Click here