About the position
• Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Deadline: 10/05/2022, 10:59 AM
• Language Requirement: Khmer and English
• Job Schedule: Full time
• Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP Cambodia Country Office works in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), non-government organizations, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, multilateral aid agencies, bilateral donors and private sector to support the progress towards the Cambodia Sustainable Development Goals (CSDGs) and priorities set in the National Strategic Development Plan 2019-2023.
The Socioeconomic team’s ongoing work has prioritised 4 topic areas, in line with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and Country Programme Document’s (CDP) Property Pillar (which aims to ensure economic growth is inclusive and sustainable): (i) social protection polices and reforms; (ii) developmental macroeconomic policies and tools; (iii) finance for development/ SDG achievement (government bonds, impact finance and metrics); and (iv) Industry 4.0 (adoption and adaptation of new technologies). One of the current programmes being implemented is “The Integrated National Financing Framework (INFF) to Catalyze Blended Finance for Transformative CSDG Achievement” which aims to build a financing framework for Cambodia in line with the INFF concept developed globally, enabling the expansion of development resources in order to accelerate achievement of the CSDGs. The programme is expected to deliver various research studies and diagnostics, policy dialogues, technical support, for innovations and enhanced financial data compilation and interpretation to set the policy agenda.
Therefore, UNDP Cambodia is looking for a Research and Administrative Assistant to support the implementation of INFF for Cambodia and other programmes/ projects and support policy research and the process of preparation and dissemination of policy knowledge products.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research and Administrative Assistant will perform the following key functions:
I. Provide administrative and logistic support to programmes/projects planning and implementation:
- Assist the programmes/projects with general administrative support in planning, implementation, and monitoring;
- Assist in staff-related administration, including the processing of recruitment processes, processing appointment and contract extensions and upkeep of staff records;
- Arrange appointment schedules and travels, organize meetings/workshops and draft correspondence, minutes, etc.;
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of project assets;
- Prepare/maintain loan agreement of all equipment/vehicles on an annual basis;
- Support National Economist in preparing and updating procurement plan and assist in procurement process of related inputs for project activities;
- Support preparation of project board/ steering committee meetings;
- Support to programme/ project formulation, extension, and closure process;
- Coordinate travel and accommodation as necessary to support project fieldwork; and
II. Assist in partnership coordination with relevant government partners, UN agencies, development partners, private sector and other stakeholders:
- Provide administration and logistical support in organizing policy dialogue, and partnership meetings with other key stakeholders if needed;
- Communicate with focal points of implementing agencies, relevant line ministries, UN agencies, development partners, private sector as required;
- Maintain and up-to-date list of key stakeholders and database of development partners’ country strategies.
III. Provide administrative on research related support to the Socio-economic team:
- Provide administrative support to the team in coordinating proposals, concept notes and term of references; in collecting literature and policy review; and in building evidence and data sources, including simple data entry and tabulation;
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date list of key socio-economic databases, government policy documents, key research documents related to the thematic areas of work;
- Assist in proof reading Khmer translation, outline and design of research/ policy papers/ policy brief;
- Provide administration and logistical support in organization of various technical training programmes, launching events and other workshops;
- Assist in producing communication materials from research findings and for programme advocacy, including building business case that explains the value of the programmes/projects;
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Ethics – UN policy knowledge – ethics: Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity
- Business management – Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Administration & Operations – Event Management: Support projects with event management including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
- Business management – Partnership Management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies
- General, UN System Affairs, Communications, Public Partnerships – Public Relations: Ability to build and maintain an overall positive public image for the organization, its mandate and its brand, while ensuring that individual campaigns and other communications and advocacy initiatives are supported in reaching the public.
Required Skills and Experience
- Min. Education requirements: Secondary education, with specialized certification in administration or project management OR Bachelor’s Degree in economics, development studies, social sciences, public administration, or related fields
- Min. years of relevant work experience: 5 years (Secondary Education) or 2 years (Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experiences in providing technical and administrative support in the field of economics, sustainable development , development research or other related fields;
- Solid knowledge and practical experience in assisting project/ programme implementation;
- Basic analytical/ statistical research skills, specialism in economic analysis preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with partners including government, academia, civil society, private sector, UN and other development donors to address relevant issue and to ensure the greater impact of the projects/ programmes; and
- Ability to work under minimum supervision in a complex environment.
- Required Language(s): Fluency in Khmer and working knowledge of English.
How to apply
Note: This position is open for Cambodian candidates only.
You need to apply online.
For more detail Click here