The Agroecological and Safe food System Transitions (ASSET) project aims to promote Agroecology in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos). It involves a consortium of 23 International/European/National Institutions and Organizations and 2 United Nations Agencies. It aims to foster technical, organizational and institutional innovations at territorial level in “flagship” programs in order to support policy making initiatives. In Cambodia, the flagship activities are being developed in the communes of Rovieng district, Preah Vear province. A range of trials and demonstrations as action research are being implemented to develop improved system and practices based on agroecology for lowland rice, cassava, cashew nut, improved pasture and cover crop seed production.
This work/internship aims to map the stakeholders relevant for production and development of rice production at provincial level, characterize them and identify their relationships.
- Position: Research Assistant / MSc. Intern
- Location: Phnom Penh, The duty station is based in Phnom Penh with frequently traveling to Preah Vihear province.
- Schedule: Fulltime
- Salary: N/A
Supervision / Report to
The work will be co-supervised by Dr Raphaëlle Ducrot (agro-geography and water resources, CIRAD), visiting scientist at RUA and Isabelle Vagneron (agro-economist, CIRAD)
- Support on the full process of thesis research
- Accommodation and local transportation are provided.
- Monthly incentive
The intern or research assistant will be in charge of:
- Identifying and characterizing the stakeholders relevant to the production and commercialization of rice in Preah Vehear province and notably in Rovieng district;
- Identifying their role, interests and strategies regarding agriculture (rice vs. other crops) in general and regenerative agriculture in particular;
- Analysing how they relate to each other by characterizing their formal or informal links (whether economic, political, administrative, legal/civic, religious, friendship, parentage, etc).
- Identify, quantify and qualify the flow of meaningful resources (agricultural product, finance, labour, power, knowledge, information, etc) between stakeholders.
The intern or research assistant should potentially meet the following requirements:
- Master student in social science, socio economy, or related field
- Excellent spoken and written in English and Khmer
- Interest in qualitative research method and social sciences
Interested candidates are invited to submit cover letter and current curriculum vitae in English to Mr. KONG Rada via 077909082 (telegram) or email firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date: 15th August 2023.
Deadline: it is opened till the intern or the research assistant is selected.
for more details, visit the link below