Biodiversity and Science Intern with Conservation International (bongthom.com)
Conservation International-Cambodia Program (CI) has worked in Cambodia since 2002. CI has multiple conservation projects in the Central Cardamom Mountains National Park (CCMNP), Tonle Sap Great Lake, Prey Lang Wildlife Sanctuary, and in the Veun Sai-Siem Pang National Park. CI works in partnership with the Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, other international conservation and development organizations, local non-governmental organizations and the private sector.
Conservation International (CI) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified 01 Intern based in CI Phnom Penh Office, Cambodia.
- Position: Internship, Resources & Environment, Social Work (1post)
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Status: Full time
- Organizing biological data including camera trap, pileated gibbon, bird, and wildlife observation from SMART
- Developing communication materials for awareness raising activities related to biodiversity conservation, climate change and ecosystem services
- Assisting in data analysis including line transect distance sampling, Camera Trap Distance Sampling (CTDS), Acoustic Spatial Capture and Recapture (ASCR), and Maxent
- Assisting in organizing biological data tracking from the CCMNP landscape
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Proven interest in biodiversity conservation work
- Good knowledge of terrestrial wildlife in Cambodia and region
- Motivation to learn basic statistical analysis and camera trap database management
- Current (year 3 or year 4) university student or recent graduate majoring in biology, environmental management, or a related field
- Ability to travel to work and stay in hard to reach and remote areas with basic facilities.
- Good command of English language
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in working environment
- Honest, hardworking, and willing to learn new things
Interested candidates may send their CV(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Conservation International Cambodia Head Office: Address – 3th Floor, Building F, Room 371, Phnom Penh Center, Sihanouk Blvd Corner Sothearos, Sangkat Tonle Basak, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Deadline of application: 31st January 2023
CI is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Only applicants short-listed for interviews will be notified.